Friday, October 28, 2011

Cook Tasty Meals with Krecipes

Krecipes is an Ubuntu linux recipe manager that has slowly saved me from starvation. Now that I'm in my first year of graduate school, I decided that I better learn how to cook so I can save time in between class. Because of Krecipes, it's been a long time since I've eaten Ramen.

So here's the skinny: yes, pun intended. Krecipes allows you to manage a complete recipe database, and lets you track calories and carbohydrates, which is important for pretty nerds. You can also generate a shopping list, so you don't wonder around the grocery store aimlessly like I do. It's based on MySQL, so it's flexible and you could easily extend it in the future.

Krecipes is installable from the official repositories. Search for "krecipes" in Synaptic, or click here, or type in the Terminal:


sudo apt-get install krecipes


You can get the latest Ubuntu applications by email or RSS at The Daily Ubuntu feed.

2 comments:

  1. hi, nice application, important for pretty nerds. You can also generate a shopping list, so you don't wonder around the grocery store aimlessly like I do. It's based on MySQL, so it's flexible and you could easily extend it in the future.see more application source: http://www.wbupdates.com/search/label/Applications

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey enormous stuff or pleasant information you are offering here. Linus Torvalds

    ReplyDelete