Friday, October 28, 2011

Detect Wireless Networks with Kismet

Kismet is a 802.11x wireless network detector and sniffer. It can detect any wireless network in range, assuming that you have a card that supports raw monitoring and that the network is broadcasting in 802.11b, g or a. I use this a lot when I have interference with my wireless connection, and I need to figure out what channels are open. Many people use this to discover and map wireless networks in their area.

If you want to get the latest Ubuntu Applications, be sure to subscribe to The Daily Ubuntu feed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it? wireless mapping fence

    ReplyDelete